My Blog List

See Me Sew

Welcome to my little space! Let's share our things we cherish

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Working on Things for ME!


Here is my weekend project, a Featherweight sewing machine cover:

I made it from some vintage cotton scrap fabric that my husband's mother's friend gave me when they were downsizing from their home. The woman is since deceased, and as I worked on my sewing machine cover, I thought of her, and wondered what she had used this fabric for at one time. It's a patchwork pattern--not actually pieced, but printed so that it appears to be quilted. I used someone's tutorial pattern, but didn't follow the tutorial because I'm more of a "learn by doing" sewing person as opposed to one who learns visually. Thus I end up putting in seams and ripping them out until I get it right! SLOW learner could be more appropriate in describing me!

I also lined this little piece, with some yellow cotton fabric that was also from Mother-in-law's friend. So basically, I got all this for free! Yea! Thank you, Mrs. Neal.

If you would like to see what else I worked on this weekend--this project for a needlework repair customer--check out www.collector-repair-services.com where I have my website. Unfortunately it's a Wordpress site and therefore not very compatible with Blogger. But you can definitely just type in the website and check out my latest posts over there.

Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment