My Blog List

See Me Sew

Welcome to my little space! Let's share our things we cherish

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Irish Lace Pincushion

This is a pincushion that I saw online, a free pattern, and really wanted to make for myself. I’ve been doing it in my (lack of) spare time. I like to do small projects in between client ones and/or my long, involved personal projects. This one was a *bear* to do! It is made with a tiny steel crochet hook (size 10) and thread that is more like string. I think the thread was size 30, which makes for very delicate lace.

Here is the finished project:

IMG_4272

It’s only 4”x4” but so involved!

And here are some of the parts of it, close-up so you can see the stitches:

Whew! Glad I did it, but what was I thinking?! Definitely not for beginners, but I’ve been left-handedly crocheting since I was 10 years old, so I guess I’m experienced enough. Still, I re-did those leaves about 5 times, and on the fifth attempt I had to sketch out the rows before I understood what she meant in her directions. Sometimes you have to see it, apart from the “whole” in the photo, in order to understand the pattern writer’s method.

No comments:

Post a Comment